Sunday, April 27, 2008

Short on Sunday

I realize that I haven't written in a while, so will do something short now. It is bedtime on Sunday night and I need to hit the bed.

The weekend was good and relaxing. Basically just saw a movie with Natalie, grocery shopped, and poked around the house some. Didn't get near done what I should have.

David and I ate at our new Qdoba restaurant down the road. I love that place and that it is so close! I still need to visit Red Robin, but that will have to wait. Also found a new pair of sandals at Rack Room. Hadn't shopped there before and found what I was looking for. Paid a tad more than usual, but it was tax-free weekend and they were on sale too. Plus, my normal cheap places didn't have anything I liked. I hope to get a couple of summers from them.

We had Home Reach meetings tonight instead of church. We have such a great group of neighbors/fellow church members. I hope we can finish our house this summer so we can host the group in the fall. But we still have rooms to paint, pictures to hang, and the dining room wallpaper to strip.

Tonight I am praying for Caroline, the 18-year-old daughter of friends. She has chosen a lifestyle with a boyfriend rather than following her Christian upbringing. Her parents have asked her to leave their home, so I also lift them to the Father. I pray that the Lord will break this girl's heart for Him.

I am thankful for my children and their lives. I look forward to what the Lord is going to do through them.

Till next time!

No comments: