Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm in North Carolina!

Today is Tuesday and I just finished my one-day writers conference with Charity Roberson, the campus minister at NC State University. We had a good conference, with a few students, but as many as usual. The main thing is we worked through all the outlines on Psalms and got some good ideas for Charity to draw from as she writes. I think she will do fine!

It is raining here and has off and on the whole time I've been here. My flight yesterday was delayed on the runway in Nashville, then was fairly bumpy during the last half of the flight. I found my way to campus and my hotel pretty well, no thanks to Google Maps. It did not give me the correct highway number. But I found my way anyway. The campus is fairly spread out and not especially pretty, but in a quaint area. The homes are mostly 1920s-style--typical campus-town-style and my favorite!

Not far from the hotel and the BSU is Cameron Village, a fairly new shopping district. I found Starbucks for breakfast, then we went there for lunch at Moe's Southwest Grill. That was my first time for Moe's. I liked it!

The hotel is so-so. The room is fine, but the place as a whole, is older and overpriced. It could use a remodel that pays attention to detail!

And it is back to the airport in the morning to come home. These shorter conferences work OK, but there is added pressure to get everything covered in just a day. And you wind up traveling two days of the three involved. But I like to travel.

Now, as soon as I get back home, normal life starts again. Dinner theater is over, so no more rehearsals! The three performances went pretty well and it was great fun! It always feels crazy to be so glad for something to be over, but you miss it. Just like finishing seminary!

Today I'm praying for those who grieve. I know while we go about our routines, some folks are hurting very deeply.

I'm thankful for God's promises to uphold us during our trials. He is so good!

Later! That's all for now.

No comments: