Monday, April 7, 2008

It's Zach birthday!

Well, 26 years ago today, in the Catholic hospital St. Elizabeth, in Covington, Kentucky, Zachary Jordan Delph arrived. He was 7 lbs., 8 oz., and 21 inches long.

Wow, have we come a long way! Now he's 6'6" and about 280! He's still a sweety!

Yesterday was the beginning of a long, busy 2 weeks! After church yesterday, we grabbed a quick lunch at Zach's favorite Sunday lunch out: Captain D's. Oh, how he loves the all-you-can-eat! Then I was off to church for 4 hours of rehearsals: 2 hours for dinner theater and 2 for choir/orchestra. The Spring concert is next weekend, and the play the next, so it is crunch time.

Last night Zach and Natalie went out with a bunch of Z's friends for his birthday celebration at Black-Eyed Pea. There were about 15 of them, just for Z. They had fun.

Today I took Z to lunch at one of our favorites: Five Guys. If you're ever near Vanderbilt and want a great burger, try Five Guys. It is in a new complex on West End, where Fuddruckers used to be. The burgers are good and juicy, and the fries quite tasty!

Tonight we did Z's favorite home meal: Skyline Chili. Natalie came over and ate with us, then had birthday cake! I had to run to play practice, Z was going to a friend's to watch basketball, and Nat was meeting a girlfriend. I came home a little early (Yay!) to find David asleep on the couch! His normal spot!! :)

Happy birthday, Z!

I continue to be thankful for my family! Where would I be without them?!

The Smith family welcomed their newborn to the world and spent just over 2 hours with her before she went to heaven. We must continue to remember them.

Later!

1 comment:

Kristi Cherry said...

Hey Girl! I just found your blog via your comment on FT and Susan's blog. You never told me you had your own blog! I'll be checking in on you now a lot more through this page. I like reading your writings about your life. It's not as good as sitting in your office talking to you though! I miss you.

Tell Zach I said happy birthday!

Love you!---KRISTI