Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Friday!

Wow! I'm both a little pumped this morning and still tired! Last night was opening night of "One Mad Night," our church dinner theater production. I played a doctor again, but enjoyed it. Funny, but three different folks from the audience asked "Didn't you play a doctor last year?" Funny!

The play went pretty well. The crowd wasn't too large, but that's OK. Perhaps it will be better tonight and tomorrow night. I remembered all my lines, and even was thrown under the bus by one castmate. He totally forgot his line and threw the dialogue back to me. I had to reword my line to get us back on track. I don't think it was too obvious. It felt good to be the one to rescue the moment.

This morning I was awoken from a deep sleep by a low vibration and rattling glass. I immediately thought it was a piece of my delft porcelain on my dresser hitting the mirror or against another piece. Or it could have been the globe and glass shade in my bedside lamp. Then I fell into a deep sleep and barely even heard Zach getting ready for work. Since I took a vacation day today, I was sleeping in! I woke to tell David goodbye and mentioned the vibration I heard. Then he called to tell me that he'd heard on the truck radio that there had been an earthquake in Illinois during the morning. I felt it! Crazy!

I am so excited for a beautiful day of vacation and running a few errands. I'm headed to the chiropractor shortly, since I'm traveling next week for work and cannot make my regular appointment. Then later I'm going to get my hair trimmed and will chill for the rest of the day until needing to go to church for Play Round 2.

The neighbors had their baby this week. This is number 7 for this muslim family. Sam is 7th grade, Rita 3rd, Dema 2nd, Romy 1st, Rana Kindergarten, Dani age 2, and now little Sayid. Rana seems to be doing well after her trip to Philadelphia Children's Hospital and her pancreas surgery. I'm not sure what kind of work dad Mo is doing since his gasoline station has closed. I remain concerned about their finances and how they manage.

Today I'm praying for the family of April, a best friend of a friend at work. April died yesterday after her parents removed her from life support. April's husband recently severely beat her and caused brain damage. Her parents did not know she was in an abusive marriage and are seeking custody of her two small children. The husband/killer goes on trial in a few weeks. Unreal!

I'm thankful for life and health! With the stress I've had lately, it is amazing nothing has manifested itself. I pray it remains that way!

Till next time!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Glad to hear the play went well! I wish we could have seen it! That is so incredibly sad about April. I will pray her parents get custody of the kids. I am praying for all involved, especially the children.