Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wow, it's over!

Well, my time in Indy has come to a close. I've enjoyed it, even though my feet and knees hurt from the shifts of standing in the booth. I met several new folks, some old classmates from seminary, and even saw two guys I hadn't seen since high school and college. Crazy!

My all-time favorite thing of this time is the luscious stuffed chair in Starbucks. It has a magical affect on me, enveloping me in relaxation. I've been blessed to get to use this chair several times in the last two days. The hotel's free internet service is only in the lobby, so one has to come down to use it or pay for use in the room. But there's just something about this chair...like, when you stop and think, you realize you could take a nap right where you are, and you weren't even thinking of a nap before sitting down.

The rains and floods up here have been terrible. Several communities have lost homes and crops from overflowing rivers and creeks. I learned today that some of our SBC folks got stranded on I-65 trying to get up here, while roads were in process of flooding or being closed.

These last days have been good. I've needed the chill time and down time for my brain. There has been too much stress lately and I've overextended myself too.

Nat is still struggling with the job thing. She keeps getting interviews, but that is as far as it goes. She needs to find something soon! I pray it is around the corner!

David is in Cincinnati still, visiting family. He saw one aunt yesterday and another today, both of whom he hadn't seen in quite a while. Plus, he's hanging out with his siblings and getting caught up!

Zach is holding down the fort, but enjoying a quiet house to himself. When David contemplated not going away, Z pushed hard 'cause I know he wanted his own vacation from us!

Better go! I pray for those folks who can't take a break from whatever heartaches they have. I'm blessed to have health and good stuff!
R

No comments: