Monday, June 9, 2008

First full day in Indy!

Well, it is Monday night after spending over 7 hours working the Young Adult booth at the Southern Baptist Convention. It was difficult for my knees and feet, so I'll be in trouble in the morning, probably. The marketing people brought a tall bar stool for me to use, but it wasn't like actually having a chair. But working was enjoyable anyway. I enjoy meeting folks. Saw an old friend and some newer friends I hadn't seen in a while, so that was good!

The trip up almost didn't happen. David and I had planned to leave after lunch after church, but that changed. After I dried my hair, I saw light smoke wafting in Zach's room. We had been smelling an electrical burning smell, but thought it was a bad outlet. Well, yes, that was it. I stayed home from church and made David go. Nothing else happened. Also, the Honda isn't performing well. The air is substandard and there's a rattle in the back.

Well, we cancelled David going with me and nixed my driving the Honda. So I had to hustle to find a rental car. Zach drove me to town to get the car and I was on my way. It made me 9 p.m. arriving in a strange place, but it went OK. Also, I regretted that my car didn't have cruise. Boy, do we get spoiled!

Turns out, David went on to Cincy himself today. A friend, Bob, from David's Sunday School class, came over last night and replaced the electrical outlet. Should be OK, at least until I dry my hair again. David wound up having to get a tire fixed this morning before leaving town. So things were crazy!

Well, I'm closing early tonight. Headed to bed to be horizontal, at least. Then will try to get some good sleep!

Oh, I was about 8 feet from Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy today. They brought him into the exhibition hall on a golf cart with security all around. You'd think he was the president! Anyway, he signed copies of his book that people bought in the LifeWay store section of the exhibition hall.

Later!

No comments: