Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lazy Weekend

Yes, I admit it: I accomplished almost nothing this entire weekend. David and I caught up on some TV and caught up on some sleep. I feel a smidge guilty, but needed the rest. The past month has just been crazy.

Today was a great Father's Day. Church was good. The choir and orchestra did "Thou, O Lord," which always gets to me. Today I remembered how Bro. Glenn would sing along to the song, and I remembered how we all miss him.

After church the family ate at Cheddar's, David's pick. I tried their Philly steak sandwich for the first time. Great!

My children are blessed with their father, as I am blessed to have him as a husband. I'm so thankful God put him in our lives!

My niece is having a life crisis, or at least experiencing something we'd consider a crisis. Unfortunately, I can't help but trace some of the trials that my sisters and their children have gone through to the sins of my father. I'll never understand all that he did and the reasons he had, but know that his choices created baggage in each of his children's lives, and now their offspring. And those choices led to his early death and caused his absence in my life today. I ask your prayers for my niece and that she'll come back to the Lord.

I'm still waiting for the Lord's reveal in other areas. The waiting is more and more difficult. I pray He'll sustain me.

Today I'm praying for the Burgess and Chapman families who lost children in the past six months. I know today has been hard.

I praise the Lord for His provision and love. He is my All in All.

Later!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I just wanted to let you know that google reader is no longer recognizing my blogspot addy, and soon it probably won't work at all, so be sure to update your link to http://www.myspecialks.com . :)