Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Sunday night

Well, I had meant to write before now, but it just didn't happen. The week has been long and hard, and full of disappointments. But I won't go into them here.

Natalie had a disappointment too. She flew out of town on a long-anticipated trip to visit an old friend, but the situation there with this girl was unacceptable and Natalie chose to come back home the next day. She felt cheated about her little vacation, and I don't blame her. But she made the right decision.

Saturday David and Zach drove to Louisville for a concert. So Nat and I met at church for a different concert. But we didn't care for the group that much, so left early and went for ice cream! That was nice!

Today we had an extra choir and orchestra rehearsal to prepare for next week's Patriotic Celebration. It went well. I always enjoy this type of music, particularly the marches. They are always a challenge to play, but fun.

I dread Monday mornings, so I dislike Sunday afternoons and nights! I spent some time Friday night reading an old diary, written during my senior year in college. I didn't like Sunday afternoons then either. It was weird reading this diary. It was only for about 10 weeks, but interestingly covered the time when my dad died. I somehow didn't write much on my feelings, but mostly the mechanics. Not that insightful.

I feel somewhat stifled. I don't know that this blog is the best idea. I have much I want to say, but just don't feel the freedom. This is primarily only an exercise in talking around the elephant in the room. But I suppose there is some benefit.

Today I want to ask for prayer for the sister of a friend. She's got cancer again, after surviving breast cancer a few years ago. Not sure what kind of prognosis she has.

I am especially thankful for God's traveling mercies lately. In the last two weeks, we've had round trips to Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville, then Nat's flight to Minneapolis...all without incident. Zach has a trip to DC planned this next weekend, so I pray His cover of protection will remain.

Till next time...

No comments: