Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Nice Sunday

It was a good day in church today. We had both a Gideon speaker and a guest preacher. The Gideon guy was pretty good and also had a short video. The catch on the video was to imagine singing "Jesus Loves Me" without using His name or the Bible's name. Interesting! Then Richard Ryan Jr. preached, son of church member and fellow LifeWay worker Richard Sr. and son-in-law of our dear passed Bro. Glenn. Richard's message was good, as always. It was so appropriate to hear him today, this being Memorial Day weekend. Richard is an active Navy chaplain and Irag veteran.

We did some great music today. We did a patriotic piece that our Keith Christopher arranged. Senator Orrin Hatch was one of the lyricists. The name of it was "Blades of Grass and Pure White Stone." It has an accompanying video and was very nice. We also did the "Praise the Lord" piece from our presentation last month. I do enjoy that song, especially the last 16 measures or so. And when several folks rose to their feet at that point, it just blessed me so! I could have really cried a bit!

Lunch today was one of our favs: Demos. Just can't beat it! We had a good time and had good food too!

Natalie and I went shopping again, but only because I started to have second thoughts about the sweater set I bought yesterday. So we ran over to Cato after finishing lunch. We both tried on several things. She had more luck at finding some decent stuff, but didn't buy anything. I found a couple of pretty blouses, but didn't care for them after all. I did find another royal blue sweater that both looked better and felt better on. The only glitch was that it needed a camisole, and I found a black one that will work fine. This royal blue is almost electric, but still very pretty. It will be nice to have something new. I enjoy wearing colors that make me feel good!

Tonight I wrestled with the idiotic chair that I had to cane. I was happy to help Ms. Frances from the senior apartment complex, but I'll never do another chair like that again. I hate doing pressed cane seats, much less a rounded back, in an irregular shape, on a chair with wheels.

Also, I spent some time studying the VBS stuff. Either I am missing some stuff and/or things are more complicated than they need to be. Suddenly I'm not just a helper, but leading the thing. Not what I volunteered for. I hope it will come together soon!

It is midnight already! I do like staying up late when I don't have to get up early in the morning! And I didn't take a nap today, either, so I'm ready.

We're running over to Robin's tomorrow to help them move a few things...not that I'm that much help to anyone!

Today I found a blog for a missionary family in Mexico. Not sure who their sponsoring agency is. But they have 11 children. The newest is only about 6 weeks old, and the dad just had emergency surgery for possible cancer. It is hard enough to imagine living on the mission field, but with 11 children? and with a life-threatening emergency? They can surely use our prayers.

I am thankful for my great church! I love feeling the Spirit move, amidst the large variety of music styles and worship preferences! We are so blessed there!

Till later!

No comments: