Friday, May 16, 2008

It was a great Mother's Day!

Yes, again I am behind writing! Sorry!

Last weekend was a very nice Mother's Day. On Saturday we drove the 2 hours to Dover to spend part of the day with Mom. Natalie went with us, but Zach had something he was doing that night.

For lunch we four went to our favorite Dover restaurant, Cindy's. This renown fried fish place is known for their fresh fish, primarily. But they have a remarkable hamburger, as well as a chef salad. Best anywhere! Natalie and I usually get burgers, but this time Mom and I both got salads. We ordered half salads, and it was still larger than we could eat!

Then we went back to Mom's house and David did a few chores for her, such as hanging some pictures. Even though that isn't his favorite thing to do, he did it cheerfully! Mom made a fresh strawberry pie and we all enjoyed that. Unfortunately, we all got a little sleepy and took naps! But that's part of being "home!"

Sunday morning was a good normal day at church, then the fam took me to Demos's, one of my favorites! We had a great time! Then we came home for the homemade cheesecake David made! It was the best, the real thing! He is so good! I received several nice gifts and cards: a large pot of purple flowers for the front porch and a Lane Bryant gift card from David; a Bath Junkie gift card from Zach; and a personalized thermal coffee mug and a Godiva white chocolate bar from Natalie! I am blessed!

The week was fairly uneventful. Nothing too outstanding to report.

It is now Friday and I'm am thrilled. I don't have much planned for the weekend, except to catch up. I've got the chair to cane (the supplies finally arrived), Kindergarten VBS to prepare for, some writing to do for Women's Ministry, and teaching plans to write for the middle school summer camp. I've taken on too much, I think!

I am thankful for a peaceful week and my family's health.

I am praying for the Pollock family in Florida. They lost their dad and 13-year-old son/brother this week when dad's small plane crashed in NC. He was the pastor of a large Baptist church in Brandon, and leaves his wife and five other children.

Till next time!

No comments: