Friday, May 23, 2008

It's a holiday weekend! Woo Hoo!



I found this photo this week on Facebook. Mike McClanahan posted it among others he took on a trip to Ireland. I just love this scene! Ireland is a place I'd like to visit!

Yes, this is one of my favorite times of the year: the afternoon at the beginning of a long holiday weekend!

Natalie had some good news yesterday and today. She had a callback from a job lead, and waits to hear about an interview. Then today she received a call about a job at a doctor's office where she had dropped a resume two months ago. They didn't have an opening then, but do now! So she has an interview on Wednesday!

Our friends Jason and Shelly are having a giant garage sale tomorrow to raise money to adopt two children from Ethiopia. I found a couple of things to give them that I was going to put on Craigslist. Zach heard from the Lord and gave them a couple of his prized possessions with significant value. Jason and Shelly were overwhelmed. He said that God told him to do it. I'm so proud of him and how God is using him.

The weekend will probably be very busy. I still have a chair to finish caning, after much trouble ripping out the old. Then I've got some writing and studying to do for church projects.

Work will be really hectic next week. I'll be out some the next week with VBS at church, then there's four days the next week in Indianapolis at the SBC meeting. That will be my second time at the SBC, though this time to work for LifeWay and not as a seminary student being a page for the meeting. I'm looking forward to it. David is going to drive up with me, then go on to NKY to visit with family those four days.

It is a very sad time for the Steven Curtis Chapman family. They lost their 5-year-old daughter in a tragic accident when her brother backed down the driveway and hit her. We must remember them in prayer. Also, a friend at church lost his father yesterday to cancer.

I am thankful for small surprises, and how God drops one or two in your lap every now and then. I hope to elaborate more later.

Blessings to all! Later!

No comments: