Sunday, March 2, 2008

What a beautiful weekend!

Wow, am I sorry that the weekend is nearly over! It was gorgeous here! And the weekend was way too short! Can Spring be far behind?

Natalie came over Friday night for pancakes and we watched TV and hung out a while, until she and Zach decided to go to a late movie.

Saturday I went to a baby shower, then to Mary Ann's for a hair trimming. The shower was sweet and the soon-to-be new mommy got lots of cute stuff. That baby girl will be wonderfully dressed! This was my second shower in two weeks. It is very cool to see these new little families begin. Several of Zach's peers (and also our friends) are young couples with new babies or expecting them! The shower attendees are a great mix of young and my age women.

Nothing much new happened around the house. I was able to sort through a couple more boxes, and threw away some stuff. Every little bit helps! Still want to work in the dining room!

Sunday was extra beautiful! I slipped out of third service during the first prayer and only stayed long enough to do the orchestra prelude. Then I had to book it down to the college class. Jason had asked me to teach for him. That was enjoyable. When he called me Thursday, he admitted that he should kick himself for having not asked me sooner. It went well. Wish I could do it more often.

Tonight was definitely a sunroof night. After having dinner theater rehearsal this afternoon, I went by the house and picked up David to make a Starbucks run down the road. That was a big splurge!! Two 50-somethings in our 11-year-old car with a sunroof, thinking we're really living! Ha!

Our neighbors next door are home from Philadelphia. Dad Mo and 5-year-old Rana have been at the Children's Hospital there since before Christmas. Rana had pancreas surgery for overproduction of insulin. Not sure when they got home, but I'm sure Mom Lulu and the other 5 kids are glad they're home.

I've got several folks on my heart for prayer today. I learned that two men we know from church have cancer, though we don't know yet the prognoses. Another dear friend is in his last days from his cancer. And a friend of my mother's has had a recurrence of his cancer. It surely seems rampant!

Today I'm so thankful for salvation and God's provision to us. I continue to wait for His hand in specific areas of my life.

Till next time!

No comments: