Monday, March 17, 2008

Yes, I wore green today--sort of.

Well, today was St. Patrick's Day and no one questioned the color of my clothing. That's rare. Some years I've been fussed at for forgetting to wear green, then I raise my right hand and show my college ring with the jade inset. (Oh, today I wore teal.)

I have fun memories of this celebration: in Erin, TN. When I was a kid, we often went to visit my grandparents on the weekend of their yearly celebration. It was always exciting to go to the tiny downtown square to see the parade and all those silly people with green hair! Yes, I am proud of my Scotch-Irish heritage; I can verify the lineage! But since I'm not Catholic and do not drink beer, the day's significance doesn't mean as much!

Today was an unusually nice Monday, so that probably means another day this week will be wicked. Work was OK and not terribly stressful. In fact, I visited with a student friend who flew into town for an interview. I met Erica at Collegiate Week at Ridgecrest, got acquainted, then used her to write devotions. We met for lunch before she had to go to her interview. I hope she gets the job!

I talked to my next BCM director/writer and host of my next writers conference. That trip to NCSU in Raleigh, NC, will be in about 5 weeks. I haven't been to Raleigh before, so I'm looking forward to it.

Friday night Zach was watching the SEC basketball championships, tuning in to the end of one game to be ready for the UK game. He happened to be watching the game in overtime when the tornado hit the Georgia Dome. He called out to me from his room for me to leave my movie and turn to that channel. We watched nothing productive for about an hour as the people in that building marvelled at the rippling curtain roof of the dome and the swaying scaffolding. They had no idea that a tornado had hit. Today I learned that one of my managers was there that night. He said it was sort of crazy! I can imagine! I learned that night that I'd do well not to personally experience a tornado again, as it is very difficult (more unnerving) to see TV coverage of them.

Well, I'd better close. I'm thankful for God's hand being on us as we move through life. He knows better than I do, so I don't need to try to drive!

I'm in prayer for Renee and Kennedy at the doctor in PA and for baby Audrey's family. Audrey is due to arrive in this world in a couple of months, but probably will not survive.

Later!

No comments: