Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Lovely Day


Today was a great Saturday! It was nice not to have anything specific to do. Natalie and I had a movie date (saw 27 dresses, which was cute), then poked around Bath Junkie to concoct some great smelling stuff! We made custom liquid bath powder, which is a satiny, moisturizing lotion that feels like powder after rubbing it in. I made some in Rose and Rain fragrances for part of Mom's birthday present tomorrow. Nat made a specific Valentine's Day recipe they had named Hot Date. I don't remember all the ingredients, but it smelled really great.

It was beautiful outside today, with temps in the 50s. David took on a task he's wanted to do for quite a while: cleaning out the gutters! Yuck! It always scares me when he's on the ladder. But all went well. He also cut down the bushy, prickly shrubs in the front yard that I've always hated! Hurrah!

Zach and I were glad to hear Rick Burgess back on the Rick and Bubba Show this week. The Lord has strengthened him so, after his son's drowning 2 weeks ago today. It was amazing how many lives have been changed through this sad, sad event. Please remember Rick, Sherry, and the Burgess children as they continue to grieve. To read more, go to http://www.rickandbubba.com.

I had a small-world experience this past week. In church orchestra rehearsal we went over an arrangement of the song "Wonderful, Merciful Savior." I've always enjoyed that song; it is so pretty! I even rehearsed to sing it with a couple of other girls on our Montana mission trip last summer. Anyway, in rehearsal I noticed the names of the writers of the song: Dawn Rogers and Eric Wyse. You don't see too many incidents of that spelling of Wyse. I got acquainted with an Eric Wyse who is a church organist for a large church in Nashville. He purchased two church organs from Mom last summer. I helped her post some of her antiques to sell on Craigslist and maintained the e-mail through which potential buyers would write. Eric and I spoke by phone for me to give him directions to Mom's house. So this week I e-mailed Eric to ask if he were the same Eric Wyse on the song credits. He responded with yes, in fact, he was. He and his now-wife Dawn wrote the song in 1989 when they were dating. How cool!

Well, I'm going to close this post with a thanks, as many other posters do. What a wonderful idea! I hope to always close in this way.

I'm thankful for my family, today's sunshine, and my car's sunroof (the closest I'll get to my mid-life convertible!).

No comments: