Monday, February 18, 2008

Babies, the Flu, and Elbows

Today we got to see pictures of our friends Keith and Kim's new 10-month-old daughter from China! She's adorable and we are anxious to meet her. They have been in the adoption process for over two years, so we're happy it is finally happening. I'm so thankful that little orphan babes are finding homes, and that loving parents are growing their families. We'll be praying for their safe return home from China next week.

On Saturday Natalie and Zach both got to see our friends' new baby Judah. They say he is very cute and tiny!! You forget how tiny newborns are! I'm anxious to see him too! His mom said they really like the baby afghan I made.

Every Sunday after I leave the orchestra pit following the third service, I walk "miles" to the other end of the church campus to where the college class meets. In the hallways I always get to see the tot buggies roaming around. Childcare workers push these 6-seat carts of cuties up and down the long halls. It is amusing to see when the carts come to a slanted ramp as the elevations change throughout the buildings. The kiddoes already know at this young age that at the top of a ramp they are to raise their arms to anticipate the decline, as when riding a roller coaster! They are so fun to see! Our little friend Nomi is usually on one of the buggies I see and I always talk to her, but she doesn't know me well enough yet to respond. Someday!

Well, the flu is hitting more and more folks! At least two, if not three, from my floor at work. Unfortunately, Natalie's roommate is sick too! I'm afraid no amount of antiseptic spray and hand washing prevented it! I hope her flu shot will lessen the effects.

Today I finally made a trip to the orthopedic folks at TOA. After my last flight to Oregon for a writers conference, I managed to aggravate the tendonitis in my elbow with my baggage shuffling. No amount of self-massage, anti-infammatories, exercise, and armband wearing over the last month has helped. So I gave in and surrendered myself to the torment of a cortisone shot. They hurt worse each time, somehow! But hopefully, this round of annoyance will be over soon.

Tonight we tried a new recipe for a mexican casserole. Very easy, as the directions promised, and quite good. Still haven't convinced Zach to try it yet, though. He's a purist, and doesn't care for the additional ingredients that make it a casserole! Maybe we can convince him next time!

Great news! David, being off from school today because of President's Day, rummaged around in the large storage room we call the garage. He stumbled upon a container of current clothes that we'd been missing for over a year! It was only half a dozen shirts/sweaters, but the two pieces that belong to me were sorely missed! I'm so excited over finding the two old things!

I just got a call from Ken at church about this year's dinner theater. Our first rehearsal is tomorrow night. I look forward to the activity, but will miss the free evenings for the next two months. That's OK; it will be great fun!

Well, I've rambled enough. I need to try to get some extra sleep for a change!

Later!

No comments: