Thursday, January 13, 2011

Has it really been that long?

I really must get back to writing this blog! I can't believe it has been so long since I've touched it.

I think I struggle with knowing what to share. There are some days that nothing happens and some when you don't want to hear from me. I can write pages of stuff, sharing my heart, then realize you don't need to know all that. I know writing can be therapeutic, but we don't want to go there.

The folks at my work church lost three people yesterday. One man was in hospice, another elderly lady with medical issues, and another younger woman who just dropped. Then I heard today of a young man who lost his sister in a car accident yesterday: his birthday. I grieve for him and these other families. I hurt for the families who lost loved ones in the shooting in Tucson. In the days following our tornado experience in '06, it seemed so strange that while we were rushing around tending to salvaging our home and belongings, other people laughed and seemed to have no care. It is the same when families experience death. While we laugh at a joke, someone's world is upside down.

Loss is hard and affects each person differently. I lost my dad when I was in college. I lost a vocal cord 15 years ago with thyroid surgery. I lost my career two years ago.

But I have life and a warm home. I have a loving husband and wonderful children. And I have a heavenly Father who knows the course I'm traveling. Thank You!

No comments: