Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hope!

Have you ever thought about the word "hope"? We casually may say, "I hope the team wins!" or "We hope that the house sells soon." But the word means so much more! I recall after my job was deleted, I'd locate job ads that seemed really promising. The hope would just rise in me! I could imagine a new commute, new workmates, new responsibilities. My whole look on life was temporarily boosted while I waited to know more. But that hope was always short-lived. No interview, so no new job.
Thankfully, real hope is not in possible jobs,, team wins, or real estate transactions. Real hope is in Jesus Christ! Romans 15:13 says "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him." The apostle Paul wrote that Christ Jesus is our hope (1 Tim. 1:1). The next time you use the word "hope," think about what it really signifies. Do you have that hope? Do you know Him? Let the joy of knowing Christ rise in you! See you next time!

No comments: