Saturday, August 30, 2008

I've Been a Bum!

I'm back! Yes, I've spent too much time not writing here, but with all the emotions I've felt over the last 4 weeks, it was probably best not to write.

The four of us spent a good day in Dover today with Mom. And Aunt Linda was there too. We six went to our favorite Cindy's for lunch and it was good as usual. Then we spent the afternoon just hanging out. I took a nap! and David hung a curtain rod for Mom. Then got back home around 7:30.

I've been staying pretty busy lately. I'm going in to church on Tuesdays and Thursday to work on the bulletin and newsletter. Then I've had a little freelance writing/editing from a friend that has been fun to do.

The job search is pretty slow. I met with the transition placement guy that LifeWay pays for. I've had to revamp my resume and learn the new mentality of job searches. And I've spent hours online searching every job site I can find and various companies in Nashville. A couple of jobs did come up this week that I applied for, but haven't heard anything yet.

Nat completed her 2nd week of work at the ENT office. So far, so good. She likes it well.

I'm thankful we had a good trip today and for safety on the road. I'm also thankful for God's providing. About one day a week I struggle with things and question why and how. But I know He's in control and I have to wait.

Till next time.

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Welcome back! :) We need to do lunch sometime!!!